"Check Your Trees Minimise Risk" Bus Banner · Tram Body Advertising Design Competition
Trees are living organisms, that grow and age and change in conditions over time. To ensure healthy growth of trees, property owners and property management companies are required to take proper care of trees within their premises, including engaging qualified arborists to inspect trees and undertake appropriate mitigation measures at least once a year.
Categories of Participation
|Bus Banner Advertising Design
||Tram Body Advertising Design
- Primary school
- Secondary school
Participants should, according to the corresponding category, design a "Check Your Trees Minimise Risk" thematic bus banner or tram body advertisement to promote the message of annual tree inspection to the public.
Submission of Entries
Participants should download the application form. The completed application form together with the design work must be submitted in either one of the following ways —
By Email (only applicable for submission of entries for Bus Banner Advertising Design Competition)
- The completed application form together with the design work in JPEG or PDF format shall be sent to email@example.com.
- "Check Your Trees Minimise Risk - Bus Banner · Tram Body Advertising Design Competition" and the category of participation shall be indicated in the subject line of the email.
By Post / In Person
- The completed application form together with the design work shall be sent by post or in person to —
Address : 22D Legend Tower, 7 Shing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
(Monday to Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. ; Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays : Closed)
- "Check Your Trees Minimise Risk - Bus Banner · Tram Body Advertising Design Competition" and the category of participation shall be marked on the mail.
Specifications of Entries
- Participants are required to follow the instructions on the specified templates for preparing the design work.
- Specified Template for Bus Banner Design and Specified Template for Tram Body Design can be downloaded from here.
- The Chinese slogan「樹木有風險 記緊做年檢」and the English slogan "Check Your Trees Minimise Risk" must be included in all bus banner and tram body advertising design work.
- All types of design and painting tools are accepted.
- Entries may be designed with the aid of computer software or mobile applications. The use of ready-to-use graphics provided by the computer software is not permitted for computer-aided designs.
- For Bus Banner Advertising Design Competition, if computer software or mobile application is used, the file of the entries must be in JPEG or PDF format, with a resolution of 300 dpi or above.
- For Tram Body Advertising Design Competition, all entries must be submitted in the form of three-dimensional (3D) mock-ups. Participants shall follow the instructions to assemble the work into 3D Tram mock-ups.
- Every entry shall be submitted with the brief description of design concept in 50 - 100 words, either in Chinese or English.
- The Organiser reserves the right to request for the original copy of the design work.
Assessment and Judging Criteria
The Greening, Landscape and Tree Management Section of the Development Bureau (GLTMS) will set up a judging panel to select winning entries, and judge according to the below criteria :
- Aesthetic and artistic presentation (40%)
- Design and creativity (30%)
- Relevancy to the theme (30%)
Awards & Prizes
Each category comprises Gold, Silver and Bronze winners. The best participating primary school and secondary school will each receive an award. All participants will receive a certificate of participation as encouragement. Winning entries may be adopted for bus banner or tram body advertisements.
||A trophy and $3,000 voucher
||A trophy and $2,000 voucher
||A trophy and $1,000 voucher
The results of the competition will be announced in January 2021. Winners will be notified individually by email and phone. All winning entries will be uploaded to the website of the GLTMS for public viewing.
Terms and Conditions
- Each participant shall submit one entry only. Participants who submit multiple entries, only the last submission would be accepted, and the rest would be disqualified without further notice.
- Participants should complete the application form and indicate the name of participant on the original work or the electronic file name of the work. If the application form is incomplete or the information is incorrect, the Organiser reserves the right to disqualify the application without any explanation or notification.
- Entries should not contain any material that is obscene, violent, pornographic, defamatory, indecent, disparaging or content that is controversial and inappropriate.
- The ideas and content of the design work must conform to the theme of this competition. All entries must be original, have neither been openly shown or publicised in any other platforms, nor have been submitted for other competitions.
- All submitted design work will not be returned and will be owned by the Organiser.
- All winning and/or shortlisted entries will be uploaded to the website of the GLTMS for public viewing.
- The Organiser has the right to publish the name, the category of participation and the name of school of the participant.
- The Organiser or associated parties shall not be liable for any loss, delay, or transmission error of the submission.
- The Organiser reserves the right to interpret and change the terms and conditions, and reserves the right of the final decision.
- Decisions of the judges and the Organiser are final. Participants are not allowed to object and the competition does not have an appeal mechanism.
- The Organiser has the right to request the winners to provide identification proof for verification. Prizes will only be awarded upon verification of identity.
- Participants shall fully understand the terms and conditions of the competition. Upon submission of application, participants shall be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions set out in this application.
- All staff of the Organiser, contractor, members of the judging panel and their immediate family members are not allowed to participate in this competition.
- Participants are required to comply with the relevant copyright laws. If the participants infringe the copyright or other related crimes, including but not limited to the submission, reprinting, copying and counterfeiting of the competition, their qualifications will be cancelled. Participants should be responsible for their own legal responsibility, and any legal disputes are irrelevant to the Organiser.
- Participants must agree that the Organiser reserve the right to copy, use, modify, display, publish and distribute the submitted entries, or distribute them to any media for publicity or education purposes, without remuneration or other notice.
- Participants must agree that the Organiser has the intellectual property rights of the submitted entries, which can be put it into production and distributed, displayed or published on any occasion as (but not limited to) the promotion of the GLTMS' activities.
- After submitting the application, participants will be deemed to be abide by the above terms and conditions, releases Organiser unconditionally from any legal liability for publishing his or her work submitted, and undertakes all compensation to the Organiser any loss caused by breaching of the rules.
Personal Information Collection Statement
The personal data is provided voluntarily by the participants and will be kept as confidential. All information will only be used for participation in the competition and provided to the personnel who process the application for review, communication, and related purposes. Participants have the right to request access to and the correction of their personal data. Such requests should be made in writing and mailed to the following address: Greening, Landscape and Tree Management Section, 16/ F, West Wing, Central Government Offices, 2 Tim Mei Avenue, Tamar, Hong Kong.
Telephone & Whatsapp